Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Creating Character Emotions: Anger #2-3

English: Robert Plutchik's Wheel of EmotionsEnglish: Robert Plutchik's Wheel of Emotions (Photo credit: Wikipedia)English: Emotions associated with angerEnglish: Emotions associated with anger (Photo credit: Wikipedia)The first exercise in "Creating Character Emotions" ch. Anger was interesting, the other two less so. For exercise 2 we had to write a paragraph in which a character talks about one emotion but conveys another. The third exercise perplexed me, we had to write the 10 degrees of anger. Basically, we had to pick 10 synonyms of anger, hate, and contentment and list them from mildest to strongest.

Anger #2

“I sit here alone, waiting for you to return. I don’t know why you left. I want you to come back, but I know you won’t. Yet, even though I know that, I still wait for you. I feel as if I m shut out of life. As if, everything good and bright is gone. I sit here alone.”

Anger #3

Anger=Vex=Annoy=Aggravate=Provoke=Offend=Affront=Injury=Wrong=Enrage

Hate=Disgust=Loathing=Repugnance=Repulsion=Revulsion=Horror=Dismay=Odium=Abhorance

Contentment=Pleased=Gratified=Satisfied=Fulfilled=Appreciation=Enjoyment=Delight=Joy=Happiness


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment