Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pintester Movement

 As you may have seen on my last post that I am a fan of the Pintester. Well she has decided to try to get the rest of us bloggers/pinners motivated to actually do some of the pins that we pin.

 http://pintester.com/2013/05/the-pintester-movement-craft-all-the-things

I have actually done a number of pins before, but there were still some that I would like to do.  I picked two two ingredient recipes and one thing I am pretty sure will fail. There was another pin that I wanted to do but was not able to find the time to do, so maybe later.

The pin that I think will fail is the pin floating around about how rubbing coffee grounds and baking soda onto your skin will remove hair anywhere after just 1 week.  I felt that it was bs from the start but hey I'm willing to undergo waxing in order to remove hair, surely I can give this a try.  It has been three days and all I can say is that it makes your skin feel softer. Check back next Tuesday to see if it has somehow magically worked.

The other pins I decided to try were pumpkin muffins and ice cream bread. The pumpkin muffins are supposed to be Weight Watcher friendly but I don't know since I have never done Weight Watchers.  The muffins were made using 1 box of yellow cake mix and 1 can of pumpkin.
It was difficult to mix by hand. It took quite a bit of work to get it to blend.  I baked it for less than the recommended time because the tops were getting burned.  As a result the middle parts were done but very dense. The flavor was very pumpkiny.  They aren't bad but you really have to like pumpkin.

The ice cream bread turned out pretty good if a bit dry. It was made with 1 pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia and 1 1/2 cups of self rising flour. The original pin used a chocolate ice cream but I thought the cherry would make a nice addition.  The ice cream gave the bread a pleasant but not strong flavor.  I might actually make it again sometime.

The pin I want to try was painting the inside of my bookcase, but I have been busy with work and classes.  Some of the other pins that I have done can be found here,

http://pinterest.com/kwill81/done-stamp/

All in all this was a fun chance to get to be part of a larger movement. heh. 




4 comments:

  1. Wow, I would never use Cherry Garcia for anything but eating it straight out of the container. ;) You are v. brave. Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, let us know if that coffee thing works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too.
    This kind of clever work and exposure! Keep up the excellent works guys I've added you guys to our blogroll.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post :: Boutique Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I like the idea of the pumpkin muffins, I've always used the kits. Never thought to try pumpkin with regular yellow cake

    ReplyDelete