Wednesday, April 8, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different: Jean-Pierre Jeunet

Lately I've been watching some really great movies by Jean-Pierre
Jeunet. I started by watching Delicatessen. It was really good. It
takes place in a sort of retro apocalypse France. It's a love story
with cannibalism. The main character is played by one of my
favorite actors Dominique Pinon.

Then I rented Alien: Resurrection. I wasn't too keen on this
when it first came out but it's grown on me lol. After watching
Delicatessen, it was odd hearing Dominique speak English but he did
really well he stumbled over a few words but I certainly couldn't
speak French half as well as he speaks English.


Amelie, I have always liked this rather sweet
story.

The City of Lost Children is a rather strange gem. It's hard to follow at times but it's very good. Plus it has Dominique Pinon playing 7 roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment